What is NOTT
Welcome to the National Online Teacher Training (NOTT) programme. We offer a new approach to teacher training, blending our unique online courses with fully supported school experience leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Train to teach one of the priority subjects:
- Computer Science
Our courses lead to PGCE with QTS with full-time and part-time courses available. We offer you support before and during your teacher training. Our advisors will discuss how this can work for you.
Stage 1 is designed to support trainees to be as well prepared for the training year as possible. There is a full programme of resources provided by NOTT and our team of tutors and advisors will guide you through each step of the process. These include:
- UCAS application support
- Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE)
- Preparation for the QTS skills test
- Recordings of Best classroom practice
- Induction day and interview support
- Dedicated tutoring and support
You then start your teacher training better prepared to become a great teacher.
Online & School Based
The NOTT programme is designed to maximise your school-based experience to make you the best teacher you can be. Starting in September 2019 you will be based in your placement school gaining teaching experience right from the start of your ITT year. Stage 2 features:
- More time in school
- Teacher Training Enhancement Programme (TTEP)
- Access your dedicated online support package
- School-based mentor support
- Dedicated support via NOTT tutor
You will use the online resources to enhance your teacher training and classroom practice.